- a blog by Alan Lurie
Alan Lurie writes about the dilemma that causes the fact that God is supposed to be here, among us and very close to us, but the truth is that it is very difficult to find any signal of His presence and this, for many, is a proof that God doesn’t exist. Lurie states that this problem is due to four causes. The first one is the misunderstanding of His nature. How we try to imagine God as a being and how we tend to represent him as another person, someone very similar to any of us and thus limiting him to a childish image and forgetting that “God's presence is experienced, not quantified, measured, or recorded.” The second cause is the misunderstanding of the nature of religion, because he says “God is not found in the doctrine of religion. Rather, religion is an institution that seeks to find God.” The third cause would be the misunderstanding of the means to experience God’s presence, which, according to Laurie, requires great and sustained effort unless the seeker is one of those fortunate ones who are naturally more open to experiencing God. The fourth cause he mentions is a misunderstanding of the proof, or how difficult it is to be convinced of the existence of God by the reasons given by the ones who seem to be able to really sense His presence.
I agree with Alan Laurie’s ideas. I have been exposed to the ideas of many kinds of Christians and Catholics and also some people who practice other religions. All of them try to link the idea of God to their own human bodies and their limited capacities. If you dare saying that the universe can’t be created just with a simple pair of hands or that you believe is more than impossible to keep track of the behavior of all the human beings with just a humble pair of eyes, you must be prepared for the storm that a simple comment like that can create. I never understood how they can lessen so much the feeling and the conception of He who is supposed to be so important in their lives. I believe that He is so great that we should not even try to visualize Him, but just accept the idea that we are like the drop of water in the middle of the sea, our minds too small to even imagine the size of the whole sea.
(This last idea is something I read in a book about Metaphysics. I am sorry I don’t remember the name of author)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario